A week ago we had our first snow since moving here to Maryland. The kids were thrilled. I'm not sure if it was the snow or the fact that they got a day and a half off from school. I on the other hand was not thrilled by the fact that I had to drive on the snow. Our neighborhood streets are not high on the priority list of getting cleared. Then I remembered a little thing called 4 wheel drive. The problem was I didn't know how to use it. So I drove the kids to school without it. It was only their second day and I was not familiar with the way yet. So my first priority was to find out how to turn the 4 wheel drive on. It truly saved my life. By the time I picked up the kids I was an expert(well sort of). The problem with our snow is that it is a very wet snow and it turns to ice very quickly. Especially when the snow that is coming down turns to freezing rain. Now that is an experience all its own. Getting hit in the face with ice when you go outside is not a pleasant thing. I am truly amazed by my children they didn't seem to notice the fact that it was like 30 degrees outside, they played for hours and hours building a snow fort. It melted before I could get pics though.
1 comment:
Oh how fun, wish we were there to play in the snow with you.
Post a Comment