Ok so I have been meaning to start this blog for sometime now. I am so excited because now I will get to share all of my families adventures with everyone since I will not get to see anybody for a long time.
So the adventure I am going to begin with is our 2500 mile journey from Mesa, AZ to Bowie(prounounced boo-ey which I have been corrected many times by my fellow bowieans to say correctly), Maryland. My Dad came with us and drove the big yellow penske moving van, and Ryan's mom drove with me to help with the kids and be the relief driver she also stayed and helped us get unpacked and setted into our house.
We left Mesa at about 7:30am on Saturday Jan. 17, this by far was the worst day. First of all we got a late start and we did not coordinate our stops very well and it seemed like we we were stopping every hour for a while with gas, food, and potty breaks. So we arrived very late in Texas. Our dog Rusty must have also got into something before we left and he threw up the whole way there. So at each stop I had to clean him up and the dog crate at each stop. Luckily he was in a crate and not in my car but Ryans(he wanted to bring him). But this day also brought many laughs. Spencer(my 3 year old) decided he was done in the car. We had only been driving for about 3-4 hours. He wanted to get out of his carseat bad. After crying and fits he started to calm down then very adult like he says "I've had about enough of this" and then he fell asleep. This was a daily ritual for him.
All of the other days were smooth riding from then on. I even got to take a nap in the back of the suburban while DeeDee drove for me the second day. Everyone really did a good job staying happy and entertained. Ryan and I both got to take breaks from driving but my Dad did amazing and drove all four days without a break. The fourth day we drove through North and South Carolina and we saw the first hints of a snow storm. We were also worried about inaugural traffic since we arrived on tues. Jan. 20th. We only hit one rough spot in Virginia and it wasn't even related to the inauguration but rush hour. I am sad that I missed all of the inaugural tv coverage but we did get to listen to it on the radio.
Late Tuesday we arrived. We set up our air mattresses and went straight to bed.
2 comments:
Spencer is a funny little guy!
Ahhh, I love Spencer! I wish I could have entertained him! He's such a sweetheart!
Post a Comment