Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What's Becca Happy About

So I’ve seen this done on a lot of Blogs lately and so I decided to try it. These things make me happy this week and not in any particular order.

1. My new Twilight DVD.


I am not going to admit how many times I’ve watched this since I got it at the midnight release party at Borders(Ryan surprised me on our date Friday night). I felt really old going to a party where there were mostly 15 year old screaming fans. But I at least got to read the Directors Notebook without having to buy it.


2. Easter Peanut M&M’s
Technically I am not supposed to eat nuts with my braces but I just can’t resist. The best part is the kids don’t like them because of the nuts. Yea! More for me.


3. Flower cup

I love my new flower cup from target


4. Chore charts
Yesterday I made new charts for the kids and they are a lifesaver. Since moving we have had a hard time getting on a normal schedule. I was tired of hounding them to get everything done.


5. Buttons, buttons, whose got the buttons

We have also started something new with buttons. I got this idea from someone in my old ward. It is more for the little ones but everyone loves it. Each time the kids listen, give service, do something without being asked, be kind, etc. they get to put a button in the jar I have. If they are rude or don’t listen they have to take a button out of the jar. When the jar is filled they get to go to the store and pick out a new toy. It has worked wonders. We have a much more positive home.


6. Tax Refund soon
I thought this was funny. Tax season is the best when you get a refund.


7. Baths and Freedom
I love clean dogs. They are much more pleasant to be around. I have been really nervous to let the dogs roam free in the house. I have been working with them and they are doing really well. I think they are much more difficult to capture pictures of than the kids.

8. Quiet time interrupted
So Sunday after church I tried to find a quiet spot to read. We have a strange shaped living room and the only place for the gigantic bean bag is behind the couch. A perfect place or so I thought. After about five minutes I had all the kids jumping on me. Sarah wanted to take a picture.


9. Coupons
I have been learning the art of couponing. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and since moving I have been more motivated. Especially since the groceries are much more expensive here. I don’t really know what I’m doing. But I love to see the savings I have made so far.


10. The Laundromat

Now doing laundry doesn’t really make me happy, but in this case when our dryer broke last week and our landlord couldn’t get it fixed right away, I had to go to the Laundromat and I tried to be happy about it(which I wasn’t). It was an interesting experience. I had to try and keep my mind off of the fact that other peoples unmentionables were in the washers and dryers, before mine were. I succeeded by bringing my Twilight book. That book tends to keep my mind off of a lot of things. The happy part was that I got all of the laundry done in two and a half hours.

5 comments:

Bill and Dee Dee said...

This is a wonderful idea. I will plan on trying this on my blog. I hear from Sarah that you watch Twilight 25 times a day. (Laugh) Looking at the M & M make my mouth water. Yum Yum I remember the days of going to the laundry mat. But as you say sure cuts the time. The one I love the best is the reading on the blue bean bag. I remember those days of sitting on the couch and all of a sudden I have four boys sitting there. Priceless.

Karen said...

OK, I'm just as bad about twilight! After I watched the movie for the upteenth time, I have started reading it again for again the upteenth time. By the way I love the button idea, I'm totally going to steal it. I hope you guys are doing great!

Durfee Family said...

Yeah! A new post! I love reading how you are doing! So - I haven't seen twilight yet... I know I know! Don't shoot me. I'll borrow Hillary's dvd as soon as possible!

COUPONS - I can help there! Number 1 - Wait to use a coupon until the item is on sale!!! That way you will save big! Also, a good way to know if the item is a good deal - make sure you are saving about 50% off retail! That all for now!
Happy days! <3

Busy Bee Lauren said...

How funny. I am the one that started the "What am I happy about" posts. I have seen them pop up all over the place :)

lizlaughs said...

We watched twilight the other night. Coupons are awesome. I love this post!