Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ground Hog

So I have always wondered if the ground hog is really just a joke or if the predictions his shadow makes are real or not. Because I have never lived any where other than AZ where spring comes early no matter what the groundhog says. I have always been curious. Well this morning I found out.
I know it is not a lot of snow but a sure sign of the groundhog being right for he did predict 6 more weeks of winter on Feb. 2nd. Well there is only two more weeks left. Hopefully I wont have to come after the groundhog. Remember Phil anyone?

3 comments:

Karen said...

It has been so long since I have celebrated Ground Hogs Day! When I was young my Grandpa started a tradition of GroundHogs breakfast. We would go and see if there was a shadow and then afterwards we would have a huge breakfast. He made the best biscuits and Gravy in the world. Since then it has even become a tradition with the whole town of Snowflake. Every year they still celebrate the same way except for now everyone meets at the highschool because it has become such a big thing. Grandpa has been gone for over 11 years, but his tradition still lives on. Makes me a little homesick right now. Love ya, Karen

Bill and Dee Dee said...

Living and growing-up in Pennsylvania every year I would cross my fingers, toes, etc hoping that the Ground Hog would not see his shadow. Because by then I was tired of the winters and truly believed in this event. But since I now live in AZ it hasn't crossed my mind in years. love, mom young

lizlaughs said...

That movie was so hilarious! Now I want to see it again.

Isn't the groundhog's prediction always the same? Ya gotta wonder about that.

I cannot believe you have snow in your yard and my a/c kicked on, on the way to church today.

Your blog is looking so cute!

Missed you at FC. You didn't miss much, it was all the same old stuff. :D

Did you hear Kalia broke her foot? I think she is ok. Anyways now my comment is becoming too long so I will just call you.