Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sarah's Birthday

My Dad who is 73 years old once said "I never felt old until I had a son who turned 50". Well I don't have a son who just turned 50 but my oldest just turned 12. We celebrated Sarah's birthday last week. Here are the highlights...


We had a special guest for the birthday celebration. Sarah's Grandma DeeDee got to come and surprise her for her birthday. I didn't get any pictures though. What was I thinking.She gave Sarah a whole box full of decorations. We decorated the whole living room which I managed not to get pictures of either. When I turned 12 it was a birthday of many firsts like getting to wear make-up, getting my ears pierced, shaving my legs, wearing high hills and panty hose. Although Sarah got to have many of these things for the first time. I think she liked this "first" the most. We finally took the plung and got Sarah her very own cell phone. I think her face says it all. She was so shocked she cried.Sarah wanted an ice cream cake this year so I made a mint chocolate chip one.It turned out to be huge, but very yummy.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Happy birthday Sarah. Young Womens, I can't believe it. The birthday cake looks delicious.

Bill and Dee Dee said...

I felt so blessed that I was able to go to Maryland for Sarah's 12th Birthday. Bailey asked if I could come to Sarah's 12th Birthday. We were able to work it out. Grandpa made it possible that I could go. The grand kids missed having grandpa there. It was quite refreshing because it rained everyday that I was there. It was nice to breath the clean air and get away from the heat. And last by not least the cake was delicious.

Alicia Faye said...

Wish Sarah happy birthday for me - she is looking so cute and grown up!

Ps, I love your new header/background. So cute! That little bird is adorable. Love you!

lizlaughs said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea you posted this! My blog list still says that you last posted 2 months ago. I am so sorry I didn't comment sooner!

Happy Birthday Sarah! That cake is freaking huge! I bet it was yummy! Glad you got a cell phone. Love, Aunt Liz :D

Durfee Family said...

Like Liz I just found this post!! I'm glad Sarah had such a happy day! Young Women's is the best! And she's a beautiful one! Welcome to teenagerhood Rebecca! :)

brooke batchelor said...

you are so lucky sarah
you wouldnt believe the persuasion i had to say to get a blog!