Saturday, August 1, 2009

A few words of advice


1. When you hear noises coming from your fireplace don't just assume it's birds on top of the roof.

2. When the noises stop don't just assume the birds have flown away.

3. Remember there could be something else trying to find it's way into your house.

4. Check to see if something has fallen down and died in the wall behind your fireplace before the smell starts to overwhelm your whole house.

5. Don't wait you'll be sorry :(

We found a dead squirrel in the wall behind our old fashioned fireplace. One of the most disgusting things I have ever smelled in my entire life.


4 comments:

Bill and Dee Dee said...

Oh does this bring back memories. When we lived at THE MARK many years ago Lady, our dog kept going to the corner of the dining room and scratching. I would go look and I saw nothing. Well, what was going on was a squirrel underneath the house. So we were doing something else in that area and there it was a dead squirrel. Gave me the willies. Didn't have the smell but the thought of a dead animal even close to my living space made me the shivers.

The Young's said...

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh. I'm really not evil...but, we had squirrels and racoons in our roof (from a hole we didn't know about) AND some got in our walls. So, I'm quite aware of what you are dealing with.

I hope your landlord took care of you guys!!! Oh the memories that are being made where you live! :)

lizlaughs said...

Gross!

That is so funny... and gross.

Durfee Family said...

You poor things! DISGUSTING! That's all I can say!