Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summertime, and the Living is Easy

So it's finally summer here. The kids last day of school was today. Hooray!! It has been weird because even though the kids are out of school the weather has been unseasonably cool. The past two days have been rainy and only about 70 degrees. We literally have a creek running through our backyard from all of the water. I'm sure it will warm up soon, and I will be begging for the cooler temps again.

We won't be doing much swimming this summer since you have to be a member of "the club" to swim at any of the nearby pools. It's like a $1000.00 to get a membership. Where is carson pool when you need it? We will miss swimming with all of our cousins this year. So I need summer fun ideas. I know I don't have a huge amount of readers on my blog but I thought I would ask everyone to tell me if they were near Washington DC, what would be the place they would most like to visit?

4 comments:

lizlaughs said...

So glad it's finally summer for you. We will miss swimming with you too!

I would go here

here
and
here

You have probably already been to some of those places. I wish we could go see all of them with you guys.

Delight said...

I remember visiting the Baltimore Aquarium and LOVING it! That would be a really fun place to take the kids. The Natural History Museum is really cool too. Enjoy your summer!

lizlaughs said...

I almost forgot the beach - I would go there.

The Young's said...

Have you tried to see if your town has a local pool? There were tons of "club pools" where I'm from, but we also had a community pool. Google public pools in Bowie, MD and I'm sure you'll find someting either in Bowie, or outside of it.

How far are you from the beach? We did that a lot growing up, but we also lived on the beach.

Hmm...are there summer day camps there?

I just know that my parents purchased a ton of yard toys for us to play with. Also, we always were signed up for the reading probgrams at the library.

Hope these help.