We have been so busy lately. The kids are still in school for one more week. It seems like it will never end. Our ward got combined with the only other ward in the area. I had no idea how small our ward/branch was until they told us there were only like 220 members. We now have 500 it makes a big difference. We were all released from our callings and then Ryan got put in the Young mens presidency right away. I have not got a calling yet which seems really weird. It's probably because soon after they got combined I fell off a folding chair. I know, I know it sounds kind of funny but the chair literally folded up with me inside but before I was stuck I hit my side on the top of the chair like a rag doll I hit so hard I had to go to urgent care they said I had bruised my spleen and the area around it. I've never heard of that happening before. It was a good thing I went to the doctor though because I found out that I also had a really bad bactieral infection. I am finally feeling some what normal again.
Here are some other more exciting things that have been going on.
Here are some other more exciting things that have been going on.
We celebrated Spencer's 4th birthday in May. It was so strange only celebrating with just us. We usually have so many people over it didn't really seem like a party. He loves being the big 4 year old. His favorite present is the bat and ball Grandma got him before she went back home to AZ.
Nathan got to race his car in the Pinewood Derby. He got 4th place again. He had a lot of fun racing his car over and over again after the competition was over. There are advantages to being in a small ward the actual races were only like 20 min. long.
We went to the Washington National Zoo. Ryan works every Saturday so I decided to take the kids to the zoo by myself. Which I have done before in AZ, but little did I realize the challenge it would be to drive into downtown Washington DC. Talk about confusing. I think we will take the Metro next time.
You can't see it very good but there is a komodo dragon behind the kids. If you don't know what that is it's basically a giant lizard the size of a crocodile.
I have never seen a lobster this big before. They were gigantic.
This little otter was so funny. It was definitely preforming. He would swim to the window and then he would kick off into a back flip right in front of us. He did this over and over again.
We have had a few end of the year events too. Sarah had a concert but we didn't get pictures. Bailey had a little concert and recognition night. This is her teacher Ms. Kress
She was so cute in her little concert. They gave everyone a certificate and when they called her name they said Bailey --- future veterinarian. She is growing up so fast.
5 comments:
Sorry you fell and got hurt, hope you are feeling better!
I am curious to see what your new calling will be.
We miss being able to be at Spencers birthday.
That zoo looks amazing, it reminds me of one in Ohio.
Dad said he went to visit Suzette and you were going to meet him there. I hope you were able to see him.
I'm so glad to read an update, I miss you. The women's retreat is just not going to be the same without you. I wish we could fly you and Suzette out here.
Love you!
Liz
I can't believe you guys are still in school. Does that mean that you don't have to go until after Labor Day? It is good to hear about your family. Hope you are feeling better.
It's so good to hear about your family! Everyone is growing up already!
I'm glad you are starting to feel better! I hope you were able to rest!
We sure love and miss you! It's not the same without you!
LOVE YOU - Diane
How I wish I could be there. I enjoyed the pictures. Maybe down the road I can make another trip. I will call it my 3rd Quarter Trip. Love you all. Grandma DeeDee
Oh I love the update!! It is so good to hear all of what your doing! BUSY! I hope you got some rest after you fell. Ouch! The zoo looked like too much fun. I love zoos. I miss you guys a lot! Especially those amazing piano players. Love you!!
Post a Comment